This policy is effective from 27.01.2014.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Information you provide
We will use this information:
• to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
• to notify you about changes to our service; and
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and career aspirations;
• contact information, including email address;
• information on diversity, including, but not limited to sexual orientation, ethnicity, social background, age, disabilities and education;
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
• your use of the site, including which pages you visit most frequently, how long you remain on the site and your general site habits; and
• other information you choose to input in your profile or other parts of the site.
Using your information
We require this information to constantly improve the service we provide. In particular, for the following reasons:
- we may use the information to improve our products and services;
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new opportunities, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- from time-to-time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes;
- we may contact you by email, phone or mail;
- we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- we also use this information to allow our advertisers to target particular groups based on particular users’ general trends, i.e. page, Y, is the most popular page for LPC students; and
- we may sell aggregate information from time-to-time about our users.
Your continued use of the website will signify your agreement to any such changes. Because the internet infrastructure is global, the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that do not have similar data protection legislation during use as set out in this policy (for example, we may host the website on servers located outside the EEA). However, this policy attempts to improve the security of your information. In the event that we wish to transfer data for processing to a country outside the EEA we will ensure that suitable arrangements are in place to protect your privacy. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
You have a right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We take reasonable precautions to ensure that any personal information which you provide is used only for the purposes set out in this policy. However, the internet is not a completely secure network and we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by other parties.
If any of the information that you have provided to Aspiring Solicitors changes (for example if you change your e-mail address) then please log into the website and update your profile.
If you would like to contact us with any question, query or comment about this policy, please send an email to email@example.com