This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Aspiring Lawyers Limited has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Aspiring Lawyers Limited has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting with integrity and transparency in all business aspects which includes putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
Aspiring Lawyers Limited (trading as Aspiring Solicitors) is a company operating in the UK that employs 10 members of staff working in London and remotely. Aspiring Lawyers Limited is a legal diversity specialist that works in two main areas: (i) development of aspiring solicitors from underrepresented to secure legal jobs (ii) providing media and marketing opportunities for law firms and legal teams to promote their diversity and inclusion commitments.
Aspiring Lawyers Limited operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure that particular organisation has never been convicted of offences relating to modern slavery. Our anti-slavery policy forms part of our contract with all suppliers and they are required to confirm that no part of their business operations contradicts this policy.
In addition to the above, as part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they confirm to us that:
- They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business
- They hold their own suppliers to account over modern slavery
- (For UK based suppliers) They pay their employees at least the national minimum wage / national living wage (as appropriate)
- (For international suppliers) They pay their employees any prevailing minimum wage applicable within their country of operations
- We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light.
Our performance indicators
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
- No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.
Approval for this statement
This statement was approved on 1 January 2022.
Name: Chris White, Director