What is the AS Access Programme (ASAP)?
The Aspiring Solicitors Access Programme (ASAP) in collaboration with Allen & Overy and Lexis Nexis is a bespoke programme aimed to upskill participants with the practical know-how, tools and techniques required by solicitors in every day practice. A unique opportunity to get ahead of the curve and hone your legal practical skills prior to your vacation scheme.
What can I gain?
Secure your place at the first trainee skills initiative of its kind. AS coaches (former lawyers, graduate recruitment managers and certified coaches) will be equipping you with the skills most sought by commercial law firms:
- Effective written communication: with colleagues and clients
- Legal and commercial research: delivered by Lexis Nexis
- Commercial awareness: in practice as a trainee
Which AS partner organisations are involved?
Sponsored by global international Magic Circle firm Allen & Overy and leading legal research platform LexisNexis, this programme has been created through the combined efforts of lawyers and graduate recruitment managers on the AS team who are from Allen & Overy, Dechert, DWF, Freshfields and Osborne Clarke.
What does the programme involve?
Put yourself in the best position to secure a training contract by taking part in this series of lawyer-led workshops. Each workshop is a 2-2.5 hour commitment, with an overall commitment over 3 days of fewer than 10 hours of workshop attendance.
Sign up deadline
1 June 2024 at 5pm.
Join today or sign in to apply
Become a member or sign in to apply for this opportunity.
To apply for this opportunity, you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member (from at least one of our underrepresented groups);
- Be either a first year law undergraduate student, or a penultimate year non-law undergraduate student or a GDL student;
- Have received at least BBB or equivalent at A-levels. We do take into account any individual mitigating circumstances that may have impact your grades if you did not achieve BBB.
- Have an interest in pursuing a legal career;
- Not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team; You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career;
Words from Allen & Overy:
“This programme is focused heavily on the practical skills that you need to set yourself up for success for Vacation Scheme applications and Training Contracts. This programme gives you insight into what the work is really like as a commercial lawyer. It’s the perfect platform to bridge that gap and to demonstrate to future employers that not only have you gained these skills, but you’ve had first-hand experience putting them into practice.”
Charlie King, Early Years Recruitment Manager, Allen & Overy
Words from Aspiring Solicitors:
“ASAP equips students with practical legal skills ahead of vacation schemes. ‘Learning by doing’ using immersive, interactive exercises with real legal documents sets the programme apart and increases confidence and know-how in participants to excel as junior lawyers.”
Zoe Brown, Senior Head of Coaching, Aspiring Solicitors