Virtual Diversity Law Fair Series 2020
About our law fairs
Aspiring Solicitors will deliver the first ever virtual diversity law fair, giving diverse candidates from around the UK the opportunity to speak to 20-30 of the UK’s leading law firms who are committed to increasing diversity in the legal profession.
The Virtual Diversity Law Fair Series runs throughout October/November 2020 and will be attended by lawyers, graduate recruitment teams, in-house legal teams and trainees. Each event is coordinated in a way that ensures a controlled flow of attendees to law firms, to maximise the quality of the experience for all participants.
If you’re a successful applicant, you will be:
- Invited to a coaching session in advance of the fair
- Able to select the firms you want to speak to in advance
- Placed in small groups to have meaningful conversations with firms
- Able to apply for unique mentoring schemes and legal work placement opportunities in 2020/21
As part of the coaching session, you will be able to create a strategy for maximising your time at the fair, using technology to your advantage and how to obtain information that gives your vacation scheme application the edge.
If you’re in your first year or a penultimate year non-law student, a separate coaching session will guide you on how to approach the law fair with a view to supporting you on the start of your journey to becoming a lawyer. You’ll be advised on how to prepare and how to interact with law firm representatives to get the information you need to decide your next career steps with confidence.
Participating law firms (so far)
How it works
Law firms are based in virtual breakout rooms, where they will speak to small groups of candidates throughout the virtual law fair.
Applicants submit preferences in advance which allows Aspiring Solicitors to align attendees with their preferred law firms.
This ensures consistently high-quality interactions between firms and attendees as well as a basis for follow up opportunities between firms and attendees.
Who can apply
All places for the Vacation Scheme Eligible Virtual Diversity Law Fairs are now filled.
This series of Virtual Diversity Law Fairs are your opportunity to acquire the insights and information that enable you to write a compelling vacation scheme application.
Meet and build relationships with lawyers, graduate recruitment teams, in-house legal teams and trainees at your preferred firms.
Complete the form below asap to give yourself the best chance of securing a place.
If you’re successful, you can look forward to:
* A coaching session ahead of the fair
* Selecting the firms you want to speak to and making the most of your time at the fair
* Speaking to firms in small groups
* The chance to apply for mentoring and work experience opportunities
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must want to pursue a career as a commercial lawyer in the UK;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team;
- You must have received ABB at A-level or equivalent (but if you had mitigating circumstances which impacted these results, we will of course consider these); and
- You must have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (again, mitigating circumstances are genuinely and seriously considered).