Anup Vithlani, Graduate Recruitment Manager, commented “Trowers & Hamlins are delighted to announce their first ‘Aspiring Solicitors’-specific open day, which will be taking place in our London office on Friday 5 December. We have been proud to be an Affiliate Member of this venture since May 2014 and, having observed the very hard work that Chris and his team have put in throughout this year, feel that this is an appropriate way for us to show our huge support for Aspiring Solicitors’ ultimate goal of increasing diversity in the legal profession.”
The Open Day will give around 20 selected candidates the chance to hear talks from Trowers’ trainee solicitors on their exposure / experiences at the firm (both here and in the Middle East), and they will have the opportunity to network with the Partners that form their Trainee Solicitors’ Committee over a sandwich lunch. They will also participate in a commercial team-building exercise. The day should start around 9.00am and wrap-up by 4.30pm.
- be Aspiring Solicitors members. To register, please click here.
- in their penultimate year of an undergraduate law degree or above; final year non-law degree or above; postgraduates and career-changers.
- have a minimum of ABB at A-Level and an impressively consistent predicted or achieved 2.1 degree or above (unless they have serious mitigating circumstances).
- be able to demonstrate commerciality and a range of skills / attributes beyond just legal work experience.
How to apply?
To apply for this opportunity, please provide:
- your Aspiring Solicitors username AND university; and
- your latest CV including (all individual module grades for each year of university),
by clicking here or email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject title “Trowers Open Day”).
Places will be offered on a rolling basis so please apply promptly.
Trowers will reimburse reasonable standard-class rail ticket expenses for those candidates selected who will need to travel from outside London, but this will only be up to the maximum of £75 and we would encourage you to buy your tickets in advance once selected.