Attend one of our unique Springboard events!
Written and delivered by Gemma Baker, our Head of Employability and former legal graduate recruitment manager, our Springboard events are unique. Hosted in partnership with University of Law, you will receive honest advice to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses with regards to the legal graduate recruitment process.
What is covered?
- An insight as to how graduate recruiters select future trainees.
- Find out what is really meant by competency based selection and how you can showcase your skills and experiences in the best way to firms at all stages in the process – from applications through to interviews and assessment centres.
- A unique, meaningful and constructive application workshop
- Panel events and networking with successful students who were in your shoes only a few months ago, qualified solicitors and graduate recruitment team members
- Insight into the types of assessments you will complete on an assessment centre and what you can do in advance to prepare. You will participate in a mock assessment centre exercise.
- Individual, bespoke feedback is given in a one on one phone call to each attendee after the event.
Feedback from 2016 attendees
- “The most helpful and informative event I have attended”
- “The event today has been even more insightful than I expected. It has allowed me to highlight my strengths and weaknesses”
- “I have recently been offered a Summer Vacation Scheme place in [a magic circle firm]. Your Springboard into Vacation Scheme event back in September was certainly very useful, thank you!”
Who can apply?
- Please note that Springboard into a TC and Springboard into a VS are largely the same programme. We have split the groups so we can accommodate and assist a greater number of students.
- For guidance, Springboard into a VS is for all those who will be in their second year of undergraduate Law, or their penultimate or final undergraduate year of non-Law in the academic year 2017/2018.
- Springboard into a TC is for all others, this includes final year Law, GDL, LPC and Masters students and graduates, career changers and those working full time.
How do I apply?
Applications will open soon, to register your interest, please click HERE
When is it?
Springboard into a Training Contract is an all day workshop. Times and location will be supplied on invitation.
- Bristol – Monday 26 June
- Birmingham – Tuesday 27 June
- Leeds – Thursday 29 June
- Manchester – Wednesday 28 June
- London – Friday 30 June / Wednesday 5 July
Springboard into a Vacation Scheme is an all day workshop. Times and location will be supplied on invitation.
- Manchester – Wednesday 6 September
- Bristol – Monday 4 September
- Leeds – Thursday 7 September
- London – Friday 25 August and Friday 8 September
- Birmingham – Tuesday 5 September