About the placement scheme
As part of Stephenson Harwood’s Black Placement Scheme, they are offering 10 Aspiring Solicitors members a two-week placement taking place over the Spring or Summer
Join the placement and you’ll be sitting with qualified lawyers and tackling some case work. You’ll also benefit from an organised programme of interactive sessions, talks and social events.
Who should apply?
The placement schemes are open to anyone who is a final year law or final year non-law undergraduate student. Applications are also welcome from postgraduates and individuals who have pursued other careers before joining the legal profession. Please see further information below for the full eligibility criteria.
When is the placement scheme?
There will be two separate placements consisting of 2 weeks each. You can apply for either placement using the same form. Please specify your availability for the below dates:
- 2 – 12 April 2024, or
- 17-28 June 2024, or
- 15-26 July 2024
Where is it?
In person at their London office.
£465 per week (subject to individual tax circumstances).
Sign up deadline
Given the volume of high-quality applications, the signup deadline for this opportunity is now 9 February at 5pm.
To apply for this opportunity, you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member from a Black Background (including Mixed/multiple ethnic groups & Black)
- Not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team
- Be a final year law or final year non-law undergraduate student. GDL and LPC students are welcome to apply, as are graduates and career changers
- Have an interest in pursuing a legal career
- Have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (excluding mitigating circumstances). For disabled candidates Stephenson Harwood have a flexed marking criteria and will able to provide further information on this when required.
- To be eligible for this opportunity you must apply through Aspiring Solicitors using this form. AS members who have applied directly to the firm for a training contract or vacation scheme this year (or in previous years) will not be eligible for this opportunity.
Join today or sign in to apply
Become a member or sign in to apply for this opportunity.