Applications are now closed. Please keep an eye out for this opportunity in 2020.
XTX Markets is a leading quantitative-driven electronic market-maker partnering with counterparties, exchanges and e-trading venues globally to provide liquidity in the Equity, FX, Fixed Income and Commodity markets. XTX was launched in June 2015, growing rapidly to 110 employees worldwide with offices in London, Singapore, New York and Paris. XTX is an unique firm sitting within the financial services and fintech space, combining the entrepreneurial ethos, atmosphere and growth of a start-up, together with being at the forefront of making financial markets fair and efficient for all. All of XTX’s trading is automated and, since inception, XTX has disrupted traditional investment banking becoming the third largest FX dealer in the world. XTX has also recently launched a venture capital arm, XTX Ventures.
This is an unique opportunity to gain work experience at the cutting edge of financial markets. XTX is dynamic, fast paced and innovative and the same is expected of the in-house legal team, who play an integral part in enabling execution of the business plan. The in-house legal team at XTX covers all legal matters, so the successful applicant will gain valuable experience of all areas of law. The legal team is also fully integrated with the business, so they will also understand the commercial context of the work that XTX does as well as gaining an insight as to how financial markets operate and are structured.
You also get to work in one of the coolest offices in London (https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/is-this-market-makers-office-the-coolest-in-london-20180221)
When are the schemes?
Weeks commencing 5-30 August 2019. This will be a paid work experience at market rates.
The placement will be based at XTX’s AMAZING offices in Kings Cross, London.
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team;
- have a UK Right to Work;
- be an undergraduate who is a current first year law or penultimate year non-law;
- have a strong interest in pursuing a legal career; and
- have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (excluding mitigating circumstances).
- The process is CV/application based and there will be an interview with XTX as well (reasonable travel expenses will be covered).