The Government Legal Profession Diversity Summer Scheme will provide students with two days’ of remote work experience across the organisations which provide legal advice to departments such as the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and the Treasury.
Students will undertake legislation and litigation exercises, meet virtually with GLP lawyers and receive advice on careers. The scheme is interactive and around 100 students from all over the country will be taking part. Each student will also be allocated a buddy (a lawyer from GLP) to work through employment, commercial, competition and international law exercises.
The scheme is taking part virtually on 7-8 June 2021.
To apply for this programme you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member who is at least in their penultimate year of an undergraduate Law degree or final year of a non-Law degree, be in any year of post graduate education or be a university graduate;
- Submit your CV
- Be interested in working in the Government Legal Profession or public sector;
- Not have previously attended an event with the GLS (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently); and
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:2 degree qualification.
You must identify as at least one of the following under represented groups:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; and/or
- At least two of the following: I am from low income family, I am state school educated (whether in the UK or overseas), I am first generation to attend university, I am a refugee and I have been in local authority care; and/or
- Disabled and/or who have and long term health conditions; and/or
- LGBT+; and/or
- Primary carers.
Please send your CV via email to Katie Young -Katie.Young@governmentlegal.gov.uk
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date. The Government Legal Department are managing the application process so Aspiring Solicitors will not be able to assist with related queries.
The deadline to apply is 10am 14th May 2021.