We will invite five students to experience one week of work experience with the Government Legal Profession in 2020. Students on the Diversity Summer Scheme will undertake a legislation and litigation exercise, go on tours of Parliament, meet with GLP lawyers and receive advice on careers. The week-long scheme is interactive and fun.
This scheme will take place in July 2020.
To apply for this programme you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member who is at least in their penultimate year of an undergraduate Law degree or final year of a non-Law degree, be in any year of post graduate education or be a university graduate;
- Submit your CV
- Be interested in working in the Government Legal Profession or public sector;
- Not have previously attended an event with the GLS (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently); and
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:2 degree qualification.
You must identify as at least one of the following under represented groups:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; and/or
- At least two of the following: I am from low income family, I am state school educated (whether in the UK or overseas), I am first generation to attend university, I am a refugee and I have been in local authority care; and/or
- Disabled and/or who have and long term health conditions; and/or
- LGBT+; and/or
- Primary carers.
- Please note, reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date.