Register your interest for the GLS Diversity Scheme 2019
Register Your Interest Today
We will invite five students to experience one week of work experience with the Government Legal Department in 2018/19. Students on the Diversity Summer Scheme will undertake a legislation and litigation exercise, go on tours of Parliament, meet with GLS lawyers and receive advice on careers. The week-long scheme is interactive and fun.
This scheme will take place in July 2019.
- To apply for this programme you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member who is at least in their penultimate year of an undergraduate Law degree or final year of a non-Law degree, be in any year of post graduate education or be a university graduate;
- Submit your CV
- Be interested in working in the Government Legal Service or public sector;
- Not have previously attended an event with the GLS (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently); and
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification.
You must identify as at least one of the following under represented groups:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; and/or
- At least two of the following: I am from low income family, I am state school educated (whether in the UK or overseas), I am first generation to attend university, I am a refugee and I have been in local authority care; and/or
- Disabled and/or who have and long term health conditions; and/or
- LGBT+; and/or
- Primary carers.
- Please register your interest for the 2018/2019 programme to receive more information in due course.
- Please note, reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date.