What is BLEW?
Each year, Barclays provides 60 Aspiring Solicitors members with a one week work placement with Barclays Legal Team. BLEW is an opportunity to virtually join Barclays’ legal team for one week of unique insight into the working of an in-house legal function and how it supports a world leading financial institution. The programme delivers structured sessions over five days, including work shadowing, workshops and networking opportunities. Each week is currently expected to be structured to include:
- Introduction to Barclays Legal including panel session with keynote legal speakers.
- Employability skills and networking sessions
- Work shadowing in the Barclays Legal Function.
When are the schemes?
- 5 September – 9 September 2022
- 12 September – 16 September 2022
The Scheme will be virtual this year.
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team;
- Undergraduates from any year are welcome to apply, as are graduates and career changers;
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career;
- You must have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (excluding mitigating circumstances); and
- You must have a UK right right to work
Anyone who has previously attended BLEW is not eligible to apply.
- The process is application form based.
- Please click ‘apply’ and submit your application form by 26 June 2022.
- No late applications will be accepted, for any reason (including any technology or connectivity issues).