Each year, Barclays provides 50 Aspiring Solicitors members with a one week work placement with Barclays Legal Team at Barclays HQ in Canary Wharf. BLEW is an opportunity to join Barclays’ legal teams for a week of unique insight into the working of an in-house legal team and how it supports a world leading financial institution. The programme delivers structured sessions over five days including work shadowing, workshops and networking opportunities. Each week is currently expected to be structured to include:
- Introduction to Barclays Legal including panel session with keynote legal speakers;
- Employability skills and networking sessions; and
- Work shadowing in the Barclays Legal Function.
When are the schemes?
- In summer each year. Applications for 2017 have closed. Dates for 2018 will be announced in Spring 2018.
Register your interest for the 2018 BLEW!
- Both weeks will be based from Barclays Global Headquarters in Canary Wharf, although there may be visits to other sites in London. You will be notified at the beginning of each week if your work shadowing is at another site in Canary Wharf.
- All undergraduates from all years are welcome to apply, as are graduates and career changers.
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career;
- You must have received, or be on target for, at least a 2.1 degree classification (excluding mitigating circumstances).
- Anyone who has attended BLEW in a previous year is not eligible to apply.
The process is CV blind and takes place across three stages, submit an application, a psychometric test and a video interview.
- If, after reading the above, you have any questions regarding the application process, please email us at email@example.com