Due to the ever expanding nature of our work and successes over the last 3 years, Aspiring Solicitors are hiring (AGAIN)! If you’re passionate about diversity and inclusion, have legal graduate recruitment experience and want to work flexibly to make a huge difference to the lives of our members up and down the UK and the legal profession generally, please read on!
Job Title-Employability and Events Consultant
Reporting To-Gemma Baker, Head of Employability and Chris White, Founder of Aspiring Solicitors
Overall Role-To provide Aspiring Solicitors’ members with constructive employability advice throughout the year and to help us to increase diversity in the legal profession.
Hours-Full or part time on a truly flexible basis
Location-Home-based, with travel (expenses covered) required
Aspiring Solicitors’ aim is to increase diversity in the legal profession via our three main objectives.
- Providing free access, opportunity and assistance to Aspiring Solicitors’ members from underrepresented groups in the legal profession. We do so via our Professional Ambassador network where members can contact legal professionals for advice, by offering weekly employability phone calls and providing opportunities with over 25 law firms and several large corporations.
- Educating the next generation of the legal profession about the importance of diversity. We visit a significant number of universities to offer workshops; and
- Promoting and encouraging diversity within the legal profession.
About the team
- We are a small and friendly team and work on a truly flexible basis, with hours to suit each person. We work from home primarily, with travel to law firms and universities being a key part of all our roles. We are looking for someone who has a genuine belief in the importance of diversity and inclusion and enjoys working with vacation scheme/training contract candidates.
- We are always looking for new ideas as to how to add value to our students, and empower them to achieve their goals, therefore new ideas are encouraged.
- Working with Gemma to ensure the provision of a market-leading employability service which provides real and meaningful advice to our members
- To deliver bespoke advice to individual aspiring solicitors members via the telephone, email or in person, which is constructive and enables the individual to improve applications or to formulate realistic strategies, ensuring vacation scheme and training contract success
- To coach Aspiring Solicitors’ members in preparation for vacation scheme/training contract interviews and assessment centres
- To design and deliver informative and inspiring presentations at universities regarding Aspiring Solicitors and key employability advice
- To spot gaps in our service to our members and develop new initiatives
- To mentor students throughout the year
- Genuine desire and motivation in diversity and inclusion (essential)
- Two to four years’ experience in a legal graduate recruitment/development role (essential)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of legal graduate recruitment process (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organisation skills (essential)
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback in a positive and encouraging manner (essential)
- Willing to travel (essential)
- Ability to work without supervision on own (essential)
If you would like to know more, and/or apply for this role, please contact Gemma, attaching your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be treated in total confidence.