HeadStart is a unique employability programme aimed at increasing diversity and inclusion in the legal profession, brought to you by Aspiring Solicitors and BPP University Law School.
What is HeadStart?
- A series of unique employability workshops which will focus on the key stages in your journey to becoming a solicitor.
- An opportunity to gain priceless hints and tips from former graduate recruiters, qualified solicitors, and successful future and current trainees on how to successfully navigate vacation schemes and applications to law firms.
- A platform available to all Aspiring Solicitors members who are currently studying both law and non-law degrees as undergraduates and postgraduates.
What is covered?
- An insight as to how graduate recruiters select future trainees
- Find out what is really meant by competency based selection and how you can showcase your skills and experiences in the best way to firms at all stages in the process – from applications through to interviews and assessment centres
- A unique, meaningful and constructive application workshop
- Panel events and networking with successful students who were in your shoes only a few months ago, qualified solicitors and graduate recruitment team members
- An assessed group exercise with feedback
- An interview workshop with feedback