Applications for the AS/Facebook mentoring scheme 2021 are now closed.
Aspiring Solicitors, in partnership with Facebook, are launching a mentoring and work shadowing scheme to selected Aspiring Solicitors Members. This superb opportunity offers participants an experience that every law firm will want to ask you about during your interview for a training contract.
Delivered over 8 weeks, the scheme will begin on 22 February 2021 and is open to all Aspiring Solicitors Members who are undergraduate law students and current GDL students who do not have a training contract offer. Students from underrepresented ethnic groups or socially mobile backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The anticipated time commitment for participants is 3-4 hours per week of the 8-week scheme, and participation will be virtual.
Should you secure a place, you’ll benefit from work shadowing opportunities with multiple mentors practising in several areas of Facebook’s Legal team (including attending meetings relating to the legal work undertaken by lawyers at Facebook), plus attend skills sessions designed by Facebook. This is a truly unique opportunity for aspiring commercial solicitors and we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
Further details about the scheme
- Dates: 22 February 2021 – 23 April 2021
- Deadline: 15 January 2021
- Participation: virtual, includes shadowing, workshops and mentoring sessions
- Total number of places: 5
- Time commitment: 3-4 hours per week
- Expenses: we do not envisage participants will incur any expenses in order to participate.
This scheme is open to AS Members that:
- are undergraduate law or GDL students at a UK university (you may be based abroad owing to the pandemic but must be enrolled at a UK university); and
- do not have a training contract offer.
Students from underrepresented ethnic groups or socially mobile backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.