- Date: 6th November 2017
- Time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Withers, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Do you want to learn more about a leading international law firm acting for successful people and their families; our clients include celebrities, entrepreneurs and sports stars? At Withers open evening, you will gain a deeper understanding of the firm and the graduate recruitment processes, hear about life as a trainee at Withers and have the opportunity to extend your professional network.
Withers are excited to invite up to 25 Aspiring Solicitors members to this applications and networking event. With over 150 partners and more than 850 other staff members in 19 offices across Europe, US, Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Caribbean, Withers has unparalleled expertise in the key legal issues facing individuals and their families. Its clients’ interests span 80 countries and the firm has acted for 42% of the top 100 UK ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, and a significant number of the US ‘Forbes List’of Richest Americans and the Asian ‘Huron Rich List’. With over 150 tax and trust specialists in Europe, the US and Asia, Withers has one of the largest and most comprehensive private client practices in the world.
Withers has an established international dispute resolution practice, with over 70 litigation and regulatory lawyers across offices in London, Milan, the British Virgin Islands, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York, Greenwich (Connecticut) and New Haven.
Withers is also a market leader of family law and has a pre-eminent reputation for international and traditional work involving significant resources, complicated tax issues and problems relating to children
To apply for this event you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession;
- And you must be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate year Law and final year non-Law students onwards).
- Deadline for applications is 16 October 2017 at 10am.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.