- Date: 20th March 2019
- Time: 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Withers, London
Open to anyone interested in applying for a Vacation Scheme or Training Contract at Withers, the event aims to provide an insight into the firm and our culture.
– You’ll hear from Ceri Vokes, our Training Principal about the firm and what you can expect from our training programme.
– You’ll receive a sector insight from our fee earners about work they’re involved in on a day to day basis.
– You’ll have opportunities to ask our Partners about their career and life at Withers during our panel session.
The event will finish with some networking attended by Partners, Associates, Trainees and the Graduate Recruitment Team. Timings are as follows:
- 3.00 – 3.30pm – Welcome from Ceri Vokes, Training Principal and the Recruitment Team
- 3.30 – 4.30pm – Sector insight/group activity
- 4.30 – 5.30pm – Partner panel
- 5.30 – 6.30pm – Networking drinks/canapes
- To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- any year law student or a penultimate year non-law student;
- be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of you family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- have secured at least BBB at A-Levels or equivalent (excluding mitigating circumstances).
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £50;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.