- Date: 12th April 2019
- Time: 9:15 am - 5:30 pm
- Location: Trowers & Hamlins, London
Trowers & Hamlins welcomes you to its London office for an open day.
Trowers & Hamlins is an international firm with offices throughout the UK, Middle East and Far East. The origins of the firm date back more than 230 years. During the last 30 years in particular, the firm has expanded considerably to be the large and prestigious firm it is today. Trowers & Hamlins was the first foreign law firm to secure a Qualified Foreign Law Firm (QFLF) licence in Malaysia in April 2015. The firm advises on a broad range of legal and commercial issues in a variety of practice areas, including Banking and Finance, Corporate, Dispute Resolution, Energy and Sustainability, Housing, Private Wealth, Public Sector, Real estate and Telecoms, Media and Technology. Trowers & Hamlins recruits 23 trainees a year, split between March and September intakes and based at its offices in London, Birmingham, Exeter and Manchester. All trainees work across a range of seats and those in London have the opportunity to spend time in one of our offices in the Middle East. The firm is particularly keen to hear from those on the LPC or who have completed it.
This event will be held in the firm’s London office.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.