- Date: 25th October 2017
- Time: All Day
Booking for this event is now closed
This is an opportunity for between 30-50 people to find out more about this energetic, ambitious and supportive firm. You will gain an invaluable insight into what it would be like to work in its Manchester office. TLT works in three main and distinct areas: disputes, advisory and transactions, operates across UK wide offices including Bristol, London and Manchester and is able to advice in the three UK legal jurisdictions.
Attendees will participate in a workshop on a recent Employment case, led by David Birchett, an associate in Employment. David advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law including redundancies, business re-organisations, disciplinary and grievance issues, family friendly rights, contracts of employment, policies and procedures and settlement agreements. David has extensive experience of conducting Employment Tribunal litigation especially in relation to complex discrimination claims and appeals. We have little doubt this will be an interesting and engaging afternoon for our members.
To apply for this event you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member looking for a training contract in Manchester;
- Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession; and
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate year Law and final year non-Law students onwards).
- Deadline for applications is 11 October 2017 at 10am.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.