- Date: 15th October 2018
- Time: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: TLT LLP, Bristol
Booking for this event is now closed
TLT has a UK-wide presence, meaning it is one of a few firms able to advise in each of the UK’s three legal jurisdictions of England & Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. Its offices are in Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Manchester and it also has a shipping team in Piraeus. Its focus is primarily on seven main sectors: Clean Energy, Financial Services, Housing, Leisure, Digital, Retail and Consumer Goods and the Public Sector. TLT is accredited with the Investors in People Silver standard, which is awarded to only 2.8% of Investors in People accredited organisations in the UK. TLT has been recognised as an Investor in People since 1996, acknowledging the firm’s success in four areas; its commitment and focussed strategy for growth based on client needs’, effective firm management, motivation of employees and a positive contribution to the local community. In Legal Cheek’s 2017 survey of over 2,000 trainees and associates at leading UK law firms, TLT was ranked as one of the top firms for its training programme, quality of work, peer support, partner approachability and work/life balance.
This event will be held in the firm’s Bristol office.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- The application deadline is 9 am on Monday 17 September;
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.