- Date: 7th November 2018
- Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Taylor Wessing, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Taylor Wessing welcomes you to its London office for an open day.
Taylor Wessing is a full-service international law firm, working with clients in the world’s most dynamic industries including Technology, Media and Communications, Life Sciences, Energy and Private Wealth. It has 32 offices around the world based in 19 jurisdictions, with more than 400 partners and 1100 lawyers worldwide. The firm’s Global Board consists of managing partners from the CEE, France, Germany, Singapore, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Taylor Wessing is a future-focused firm, but its standing today is built on a proud history dating back to 1788. Taylor Wessing UK consists of offices in London, Cambridge and Tech City. Its London office houses specialist teams working across a range of specialist areas, including Real Estate, Disputes & Investigations and Corporate. The firm’s Tech City office, located in Shoreditch, London, focuses on both start-ups and more established technology companies. Occupancy in this office is rotated between teams from its London and Cambridge offices. The Cambridge office houses some of the firm’s dedicated corporate and intellectual property specialists that focus on innovative new technology organisations that are developing in the Cambridge area. The firm’s four key values, which guide its actions and behaviour, are cited as being: Ambitious for clients, An instinct for business, Seeking innovation and Building strong relationships.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- The application deadline is 9 am on Monday 17 September;
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.