- Date: 16th April 2019
- Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Location: Stephenson Harwood, London
Up to 30 Aspiring Solicitors members will have the chance to attend this open day at an international law firm, which employs over 1,000 people worldwide, including more than 170 partners.
The firm is headquartered in London, with ten offices across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. In addition, the firm has forged close ties with other high quality law firms. Stephenson Harwood has recognised market-leading strengths in six key areas: finance; commercial litigation, arbitration and regulation; corporate finance; marine and international trade; employment and pensions; and real estate.
The day will involve an update on the strategy of the firm, an insight from the trainees on their experiences, a tour of the firm, an interactive session to help you prepare for assessment centres, and lunch and networking with partners, associates and trainees across the firm.
- To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be a 1st year law student or a penultimate year non-law student;
- be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of your family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- have secured at least BBB at A-Levels or equivalent (excluding mitigating circumstances).
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £75;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.