- Date: 8th November 2018
- Time: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Register your interest to attend!
Aspiring Solicitors is excited to open registrations of interest for a unique event focused on increasing awareness, understanding and confidence for aspiring solicitors from low income families, state school comprehensives and first generation of families to attend university- The AS Social Mobility Event 2018!
The second AS Social Mobility event will be hosted by Bristows but will also include participation from a range of law firms and lawyers from a cross section of private practice and in-house legal teams.
The agenda below is packed full of useful, targeted and inspiring information/advice.
14:00 – Student Arrival and Registration14:15 – Introductory Speeches from Bristows and Aspiring Solicitors14:30 – Social Mobility in the Application Process and In Practice15:30 – Importance of Personal Branding16:00 – Bristows Internal Diversity Committee Presentation16:15 – Break16:30 – Senior Panel Session17:15 – Inspirational Stories17:45 – Closing Speech18:00 – Networking and Canapes
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be in any year of study at undergraduate or post graduate education or be a graduate from university;
- be available to attend the entire event on 8 November 2pm-7pm;
- not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification.
- Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession and this event focuses on those who are from at least two of the following groups:
- – low income family
- – educated in a state school comprehensive (or in receipt of a scholarship to attend a fee paying school)
- – first generation of your family to attend university
Bookings are closed for this event.