- Date: 27th February 2019
- Time: 1:15 pm - 5:15 pm
- Location: Simmons and Simmons, London
Booking for this event is now closed
You will have the opportunity to meet our lawyers, understand the work that we do and hear more about what opportunities are available to you.
Who we are
Scratch the surface of Simmons & Simmons and you’ll discover a leading law firm of over 1,600 people, offering legal advice across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We work with our clients across four key sectors and provide a range of services to help them navigate all kinds of legal challenges, from buying and selling national chain stores to patenting the latest technology. We work in the areas that matter the most to everyone’s future, from Healthcare and Life Sciences to Technology, Media and Telecommunications. So whatever you do, wherever you go, you’ll see developments we’ve been involved in. All you need to do is look, and you’ll uncover the world of law and the world of Simmons & Simmons.
What we look for
We’re looking for perceptive, ambitious future lawyers. You see the finer detail – the intricate legal framework that powers and shapes our everyday – and you’ve got the drive to be part of it. We are looking for students who are on course for at least a 2:1 in any degree subject. That said, academic performance isn’t everything: that’s why we look for raw talent and potential throughout our assessment process.
What to expect
Our training contracts are offered in both London and Bristol, and either way, you’ll spend two years discovering the innovation we’re known for. As well as moving through four six-month seats across our sectors, you’ll also benefit from the Compass programme; our unique and progressive trainee skills academy that offers a combination of practical learning, mentoring and online tools. Our teams will teach you everything they know about the world of law, and you’ll find your niche in the process, qualifying into your choice of practice area.
- To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be a 1st year law student or a penultimate year non-law student;
- be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of your family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- have secured at least 136 UCAS points at A-Levels or equivalent; and
- be on track to secure at least a 2:1 degree qualification.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £100;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.