- Date: 27th March 2017
- Time: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Siemens, Frimley
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. With efficient and innovative solutions, Siemens enables investments in sustainable technology and infrastructure and has a track record in providing innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
The GB&I Legal team comprises approximately 70 people and is based mainly in Frimley, Surrey, but also has teams in Manchester, London, Stoke Poges, Poole, Lincoln, Nottingham, Warwick and Newcastle. The department comprises nine teams supporting the UK business divisions: Power & Gas, Wind Power, Power Generation Services, Mobility, Energy Management & Building Technologies, Digital Factory & Process Industries and Drives, Financial Services, Cross Business and Healthcare. The legal team works closely with the GB&I Compliance team and is also responsible for providing support to Ireland.
Siemens is looking for a legal intern to join the GB&I Legal team. The intern will be based in Frimley, Surrey and will provide support to the GB&I Legal team across a number of business divisions.
This is an opportunity to obtain valuable legal experience in a corporate environment and, as the position is a new one, there is ample opportunity to help develop the role.
The expected duration of the role is 6-12 months and it is a paid internship. The role will start in early to mid July 2017.
Our current intern spends one day at week in the Stoke Poges office and Siemens would expect the new intern to fulfil this requirement. There may also be occasions when the intern is asked to visit Siemens’ other offices outside of Frimley to help with ad hoc tasks on site.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Legal research
- Undertaking and managing standardised tasks e.g. Land Registry applications, Stamp Duty Land Tax returns
- Proof reading, cross checking documentation, basic drafting
- Organisation and storage of documentation
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member
- have a Law degree (or working towards completing a Law Degree) OR a non-Law degree and successfully completed the GDL (2017 (and previous years) Law and GDL graduates are welcome to apply)
- have good computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- have excellent spoken and written English
- be enthusiastic and have good organisational skills
How to apply?
Bookings are now closed for this event.
The deadline for application will be midday on 28 February 2017. Reasonable travel expenses will be paid to attendees.