- Date: 1st November 2017
- Time: 10:30 am - 1:45 pm
- Location: Sidley Austin, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Sidley Austin LLP has built a reputation for being an adviser for global business, with 1,900 lawyers in 20 offices worldwide.
Sidley’s office in London, its largest in Europe, has served clients in the London market since 1974. The firm gained a significant advantage in 1994 when it began offering English law advice in addition to US legal advice. Having lawyers qualified to practise in both jurisdictions for more than 20 years has enhanced its reputation for assisting global businesses and governments across a variety of industries. The firm’s London office is its hub for co-ordinating projects.
Sidley’s clients in London include the world’s leading financial institutions, funds, FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 companies. The main areas of work include: Capital Markets, M&A, Investment Funds, Dispute Resolution and Tax
To apply for this event you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession;
- And you must be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate year Law and final year non-Law students onwards).
Deadline for applications is 11 October 2017 at 10am.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.