- Date: 26th March 2019
- Time: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Location: Sidley Austin, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Sidley Austin and Aspiring Solicitors commercial law Insight Day
Up to 25 Aspiring Solicitors will have the opportunity to attend this event at Sidley Austin’s London office between 10am and 2pm on Tuesday, 20th November.
Sidley’s London office offers students the best of both worlds—the experience of working in one of the largest international law firms along with the relaxed, down-to-earth friendliness of a smaller office. Here you will find high-quality work on par with Magic Circle firms and an energetic, meritocratic and supportive environment. There is a world of opportunities for you to get involved with and make your mark at Sidley, from trainee right through to partner. We have a reputation for working on innovative, complex transactions, which helps to make life here all the more interesting and challenging.
We hope the day will give you a real insight into commercial law and life at Sidley. As well as practical workshops, you will be given an overview of the firm and will be given the chance to speak informally to our trainees, associates and partners. Our graduate recruitment team will also be available to offer advice on applying for training contracts.
- 10:00 – 10:30 Registration and breakfast
- 10:30 – 10:45 Welcome and introduction to Sidley
- 10:45 – 11:30 Anatomy of a deal workshop
- 11:30 – 12:00 Life as a city lawyer panel discussion
- 12:30 – 13:00 Training contract application and interview workshop
- 13:00 – 14:00 Networking lunch
- To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be a 1st year law student or a penultimate year non-law student;
- be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of your family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- have secured at least BBB at A-Levels or equivalent.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £75;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.