- Date: 27th November 2018
- Time: 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: Shepherd & Wedderburn, Edinburgh
Booking for this event is now closed
Aspiring Solicitors is excited to open registration of interest for Shepherd + Wedderburn’s Scotland based event, aimed at those with an interest in pursuing law coming from low income environments, minority ethnic families, or representing the first generation in their family to attend University.
Hosted by Shepherd + Wedderburn, apply for this event to learn about the firm’s opportunities and to interact with professionals from across the business.
Please note that this event is for those who would like to qualify as a Scottish lawyer.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- The application deadline is 9 am on Monday 17 September;
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on the application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.