- Date: 13th August 2018 - 17th August 2018
- Time: All Day
- Location: Shell, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Shell is delighted to launch a unique legal work experience programme in collaboration with Aspiring Solicitors, taking place from 13 – 17 August 2018 specifically for first year undergraduate students studying law or non-law.
Who can apply?
- Be a registered Aspiring Solicitors member who has a keen interest in a career in law and be from one of Aspiring Solicitors’ four under represented groups (which are also groups underrepresented within Shell Legal);
- Be a first year university student and on course for a 2:1 degree or higher; and
- Not have accepted a training contract.
Please note that all Aspiring Solicitors opportunities, mentoring and events are for aspiring solicitors who are from one of the following groups that are underrepresented in the legal profession:
- BAME; and/or
- Socially mobile; and/or
- LGBT+; and/or
- Disabled / have long term health conditions.
What to expect?
- Shell is one of the largest companies in the world, and has won awards for its in-house legal team. It has hundreds of lawyers worldwide. Successful participants in the Shell legal work experience programme will:
- Have the opportunity to meet Shell lawyers (and non-lawyers) and get an experience of life as an in-house lawyer.
- Undertake development tasks based on legal scenarios and be introduced to the typical types of work that in-house lawyers undertake.
- Develop commercial awareness and participate in a case study over the course of the week.
- Have the opportunity to shadow Shell lawyers, helping them to understand what is required of an in-house lawyer.
- Develop their key skills through a mock training contract interview (with written feedback), networking and mentoring.
How to apply?
- Applications are open from 21 June to 8 am on 13 July 2018. Applicants will need to:
- Submit an up-to-date CV;
- Answer the questions on the application form; and
- complete an interview, either by telephone or video.
- Aspiring Solicitors will let applicants know whether or not they are successful.
- Participants in the Shell work experience programme will be paid the London Living Wage.
- The scheme will be based in Shell’s Canary Wharf and Strand offices, London.
- Candidates will need to arrange their own travel and accommodation but Shell will provide lunch and reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
- If you have any questions regarding the Shell work experience programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck with your application!