- Date: 24th October 2017
- Time: 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Apply For This Event
Up to 30 Aspiring Solicitors members will have the opportunity to attend this prestigious, leading international law firm. Shearman & Sterling has around 850 lawyers working in a range of specialties from 20 offices worldwide.
Shearman & Sterling won three American Lawyer Global Legal Awards in July, was ranked among Top Pro Bono Law by Firms by The Amercian Lawyer and was awarded 11 accolades at IJ Global’s Europe, APA, MENA and Americas annual award ceremonies earlier this year.
The London office covers areas such as mergers & acquisitions, private equity, capital markets, banking and finance and asset management.
To apply for this event you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Have a minimum of AAA at A-level;
- Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession; and
- Deadline for applications is 3 October 2017 at 10am.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.