- Date: 5th November 2018
- Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Location: Stephenson Harwood, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Stephenson Harwood has over 1000 people worldwide, including more than 170 partners. The firm has an illustrious history, growing significantly over the years through a series of mergers. The firm’s headquarters are in London but it has 10 offices across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. It has also forged close ties with other high quality law firms. More than a quarter of its people are based in Asia, with a significant presence in Singapore and China. The firm prides itself on its capability to provide a seamless international service which has generated a revenue growth of 57% in the last five years. Particular areas of strength include Commercial litigation, Corporate, Employment and pensions, Finance, Marine and international trade and Real estate. Stephenson Harwood advises a wide range of listed and private companies, institutions and individuals. The firm’s clients are based in over 90 countries world-wide, making it a truly global law firm. Recent clients have included Acadia Healthcare, Hotel Chocolat Group Plc, easyHotel and Schroder European Real Estate Investment Trust plc. Four deeply held values which govern its behaviour and the quality of service it delivers for clients are Individuality, Commitment, Teamwork and being straight talking. You can train at the firm in its London, Dubai or Hong Kong Office.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- The application deadline is 9 am on Monday 17 September;
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.