- Date: 30th July 2018 - 24th August 2018
- Time: All Day
- Location: Royal Mail, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Aspiring Solicitors are pleased to announce a new legal work experience scheme with Royal Mail.
The Royal Mail Vacation Scheme offers the opportunity for up to eight Aspiring Solicitors members to join Royal Mail’s legal team for a week this summer to learn about the role of an in-house legal advisor and gain experience in a vibrant and dynamic multi-disciplinary office environment in central London.
The legal team advise on a very wide range of work. We have lawyers practicing in employment, criminal, commercial property, litigation, IP, commercial affairs, corporate and finance and competition and regulatory. They advise the business on all the legal aspects of Royal Mail’s business. We also work with a range of external law firms and the selected applicants will have the opportunity to spend some time with them too.
The one week legal work placement will take place in one of Royal Mail’s central London offices and Aspiring Solicitors members can expect to be doing the following work:
- Shadowing various departments within the legal team, including employment, litigation and commercial property for half a day each;
- Attend internal meetings;
- Participate in conference calls;
- Draft documents;
- Spend one day shadowing within one of our external law firms;
- Assist with legal research; and
- Possibly attend Court and business meetings.
To be eligible for this scheme you must be:
- an Aspiring Solicitors member
- studying as an undergraduate or postgraduate (law or non-law) or have completed your law studies with a desire to pursue a career in law.
- able to demonstrate that due to your background/circumstances you have limited opportunities for such work experience available to you.
Deadline- the deadline for this event is 22nd June 2018 5pm.
The scheme is unpaid but reasonable travel expenses will be refunded.