- Date: 3rd October 2018
- Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: PwC, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Investigate! Play the role of investigator and experience a business crisis first-hand.
We call upon enthusiastic Aspiring Solicitors to take part in a realistic simulation of a regulatory crisis. You will experience how an investigation unfolds in a time pressured environment, the decisions that need to be made along the way, and the sources of evidence at your disposal as you build your understanding of the case. You will search emails, interview suspects, analyse data and make real time decisions to compile evidence and identify the suspects. When you submit your report you’ll find out just how well your team performed!
Our event will also feature an office tour, Legal at PwC presentation and an opportunity to network with PwC professionals over lunch.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis with a waiting list. Click here for more information about legal careers at PwC.
To find out more about Investigate! please watch this short video:
Feedback from our previous Aspiring Solicitors event:
“Everyone I spoke to at the firm was incredibly friendly; I felt very comfortable asking any questions I had. The variety of activities and opportunity to get feedback was invaluable.”
“The event provided a wonderful opportunity to speak to and engage with with colleagues at different stages of their careers and of differing specialisms at PwC. Speaking with Trainee Solicitors and the graduate team was thoroughly informative.”
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- The application deadline is 9 am on Monday 17 September;
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.