- Date: 5th February 2019
- Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: PwC, London
Booking for this event is now closed
We call upon enthusiastic first year law students to join us at our Insight Day. We will run a negotiation exercise equipping you with the skills to tackle group assessments, followed by an interview tips workshop. Our event will also feature an office tour, Legal at PwC presentation and an opportunity to network with PwC professionals over lunch.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis with a waiting list. Click here for more information about legal careers at PwC (https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student-jobs/work-for-us/graduateopportunities/legal.html).
Feedback from our previous Aspiring Solicitors event in October 2018:-
“Excellent open day with insight into all aspects of the firm. I managed to get a real sense of the culture of the firm, work ethic and style.”
“The whole event was very interactive, I learned a lot about the culture of PwC from their trainees as well as recruiters…I believe this is one of the best open day that I have ever attended. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.”
“It was a great opportunity to really understands what makes PwC different from other firms particularly the advantages which come from its MDP status.”
- Negotiation skills exercise
- Interview tips
- Office tour
- Legal at PwC presentation and networking
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be a 1st year law student;
- be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of your family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- have secured at least BBB at A-Levels or equivalent; and
- be on track to secure at least a 2:1 degree qualification.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £75;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.