- Date: 12th October 2018
- Time: 10:45 am - 3:00 pm
- Location: Shoosmiths, Manchester
Booking for this event is now closed
Shoosmiths is a leading law firm with 11 offices across the UK, all working together as one national team.
The firm offers around 20 training contracts and 50 one-week work experience placements every year. Shoosmiths also holds insight evenings for applicants to come and meet members of the firm and find out more about the firm before they apply for a position at Shoosmiths.
As a full-service law firm, Shoosmiths offers its trainees experience in a variety of areas. These include commercial, corporate, employment, real estate, intellectual property, banking, planning, and dispute resolution. Through the firm’s Access Legal consumer brand, it offers private client, personal injury, medical negligence, and conveyancing.
Shoosmiths’ trainees are also offered the opportunity to go on secondment to a client’s in-house legal team, providing an invaluable insight into the client’s perspective.
The firm looks for innovative, commercially aware candidates who are passionate about a career in law and who share our four core values, which are: taking initiative, pulling together, being within reach and responsive and talking business sense.
Shoosmiths is committed to making positive changes to widen access to a career in law and is delighted to be partnering with Aspiring Solicitors for a second year.
Shoosmiths is hosting two exclusive events; on 12 October 2018 at the Manchester office and on 16 November 2018 in the Reading office, for candidates who are interested in applying for a Training Contract with Shoosmiths. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the firm and what it can offer you.
The event will give you an insight into our practice areas and clients, the Shoosmiths training contract, and the skills you need to develop to become a successful solicitor. The event will be packed with opportunities for you to meet Shoosmiths’ people, build relationships, and include valuable advice for your training contract application. There’ll be an opportunity for you to get to know Shoosmiths people over lunch, and ask any questions you have in the Q&A.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- The application deadline is 9 am on Monday 17 September;
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.