- Date: 6th March 2019
- Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Macfarlanes, London
Apply For This Event
The event is of interest to students looking to apply to Macfarlanes for a training contract. You will receive an introduction to the firm by one of Macfarlanes’ partners; there will be an application skills session from Graduate Recruitment, a mock assessment exercise and the opportunity to meet people from around the firm (including many trainees) throughout the day, which will also include a sit down networking lunch.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- be eligible to apply for a Training Contract at the firm (penultimate year Law and final year non-law students onwards).
- be from at least two of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of your family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 months in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or a long term health condition; and
- have secured at least BBB at A-Levels or equivalent.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £150.
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date.
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.