- Date: 20th October 2017
- Time: 11:45 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Holman Fenwick Willan, London
Apply For This Event
We are an entrepreneurial law firm. We operate in dynamic, global sectors including construction, aviation, shipping, insurance, commodities and energy. We are pragmatic, and creative; our clients say “less traditional” – “progressive”, even. Every year we recruit only a small number of trainees- 15 per year. A training contract at HFW consists of four six month seats – typically three contentious seats and one transactional seat, with at least one seat spent abroad gaining a global perspective of our work, our sectors and our clients.
Attend this open day to find out more about the market-leading work that we do, and our global training contract. The open day will provide opportunities to hear from Partner, Associates and Trainees about their experiences of HFW and their careers to-date. We will also provide information on our sectors to help you to understand more about the work that you would do as a future trainee or vacation scheme attendee. You will attend a speed networking session with Associates and a skills session with the Graduate Recruitment Team focused on how to stand out in the HFW recruitment process.
This event is aimed at penultimate and final year law students, final year non-law students and graduates.
To apply for this event you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession; and
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate year Law and final year non-Law students onwards).
- Deadline for applications is 29 September 2017 at 10am.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.