- Date: 1st June 2018 - 7th September 2018
- Time: All Day
Apply For This Event
Want to put yourself in the strongest position to get a Training Contract in 2018 or a Vacation Scheme in 2019? Please apply!
HeadStart into Applications takes place in June and September. The June events are for those who, in the academic year 2017/2018, are in their penultimate year (Law) final year (all subjects), all graduates (whether studying or working) and post graduates (across all post graduate qualifications). The September events are for those who, in the academic year 2018/2019, will be in their penultimate year of Law or final year of non-Law.
The events will be the same, across all locations and months.The workshops will give Aspiring Solicitors members a unique insight into how graduate recruiters select candidates for interview and assessment centre at multiple locations across the UK.
Written and delivered by former graduate recruitment managers, each event will give students honest advice to help identify strengths and weaknesses.
Find out what is really meant by competency based selection and how you can showcase your skills and experiences to firms at all stages in the process.
Through participating in and considering bespoke practical application form and interview scenarios, our workshops will provide a genuine insight into the types of assessments and criteria you will encounter and be judged on, and what you can do in advance to prepare.
Successful students who were in your position only a few months ago, qualified solicitors and former graduate recruitment managers will be on hand to offer advice.
Who can apply?
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team;
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career in the UK or Ireland;
- You must have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (please note we take into account mitigating circumstances);
- HeadStart Into Applications is open to all Aspiring Solicitors members who are undergraduates or postgraduates;
- You cannot attend if you have already attended a similar event with Aspiring Solicitors; and
- The events are screened, so you must apply to secure a place.
When and where are the workshops?
The HeadStart Into Training Contract Applications take place on the below dates. Please note the content for each workshop is exactly the same – there is no difference between locations.
- 25 June 2018, Birmingham
- 26 June 2018 Leeds
- 27 June 2018, Manchester
- 28 June 2018, London
- 29 June 2018, London
The HeadStart Into Vacation Scheme Applications take place:
- 3 September 2018, Bristol
- 4 September 2018, Birmingham
- 6 September 2018, Leeds
- 7 September 2018, London
- 10 September, 2018, London
- 11 September 2018, London
Please note that we review applications and offer on a rolling basis. This means that applications may close before the deadline.
The deadline for HeadStart Into Training Contract Applications is 1 June 2018.
The deadline for applying to HeadStart Into Vacation Scheme Applications is 15 August 2018.
Please note travel expenses are not refunded for this event.
Bookings are closed for this event.