- Date: 3rd July 2017 - 7th July 2017
- Time: All Day
- Location: Government Legal Service, London
Aspiring Solicitors is delighted to be working with the GLS in 2017. The GLS will offer places to ten Aspiring Solicitors members on the GLS summer diversity scheme. This will take place from Monday 3 to Friday 7 July (inclusive).
This will provide a fantastic insight for those truly interested in public law and a career in the public sector. Participants will engage in interactive exercises on topics such as legislation and litigation, as well as attend tours of places such as the Supreme Court.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member
- be at least in your penultimate year of undergraduate studies if you are an undergraduate Law student, or your final year of undergraduate studies if you are a non-Law student. Final years, graduates and career changers are also welcome to apply
- not have previously undertaken work experience with the GLS
- be interested in pursuing a legal career in the public sector
- be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:2 degree qualification
- be able to attend all days of the scheme, from 3 to 7 July 2017 (inclusive)
Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession (please see form via the link).
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a certain amount (tbc).
Please note the deadline for applying to this event is 12 midday on 1 April 2017. Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date.