- Date: 2nd July 2018 - 6th July 2018
- Time: All Day
- Location: GLS, London
Booking for this event is now closed
We would like to invite 5 students to experience one week of work experience with the Government Legal Department. Students on the Diversity Summer Scheme will get to undertake a legislation and litigation exercise, go on tours of Parliament, meet with GLS lawyers and receive advice on careers. The week long scheme is interactive and fun.
This scheme will take place from Monday 2 July to Friday 6 July 2018.
- To apply for this event you must:Be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- Be in the second year of a law degree, third year of a non-law degree or be a recent graduate. You must be interested in working in the Government Legal Service or public sector;
- Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification.
- Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession.
- Please note the application deadline was 20 March 2018.
- Please note, reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date.