- Date: 29th January 2019
- Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Dechert, London
Booking for this event is now closed
At Dechert, our mission in the area of diversity and inclusion is:
- to maintain an inclusive environment that cultivates and values different backgrounds and perspectives in order to better serve our employees, clients and communities;
- to harness the power of difference to enrich our relationships with clients by offering diverse teams of talented, productive professionals; to create equal and fair access to all aspects of firm life which reflects the diversity of the world in which we practise; and
- to uphold our commitment to diversity by being a leader in the field through innovative initiatives and sustained diligence.
We look forward to welcoming Aspiring Solicitors members to our January 2019 Open Day, where they will meet trainees, associates and partners and participate in a negotiation skills workshop as well as hear from our graduate recruitment team.
- To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be any year law or non-law student;
- be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of you family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- have secured at least AAB at A-Levels or equivalent (excluding mitigating circumstances); and
- be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification (excluding mitigating circumstances).
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £75;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.