- Date: 15th November 2018
- Time: 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: DAC Beachcroft LLP, Bristol
Booking for this event is now closed
DAC Beachcroft LLP is a leading international legal business with offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. We are committed to providing wider access to a career in law and, as such, we are delighted to invite 30 Aspiring Solicitors members to a ‘Your Futures’ Insights event in our Bristol office. This event is aimed at penultimate and final year law students, final year non-law students and graduates.
During the event you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain an insight into our firm, what it’s like to work here, and our application process for training contracts
- Get first-hand experience of our assessment centres by participating in a mock of a typical assessment centre exercise
- Have the opportunity to win a place at our assessment centre in March for an Easter vacation scheme place
- Meet with a client to understand what they really mean when looking for Lawyers with “commercial awareness”
- Have a chance to network informally with our current trainees, partners and the graduate recruitment team
At DAC Beachcroft we take a tailored approach to providing commercial, transactional, claims, risk and advisory legal services for our clients. We are forward-thinking, flexible and easy to engage with and we’re proud that our clients tell us regularly that we’re great to work with.
We are recognised leaders in Insurance, Health and Real Estate and draw on the knowledge, industry experience and commercial expertise of our outstanding 2,300 lawyers and support colleagues in these sectors and beyond.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- The application deadline is 9 am on Monday 17 September;
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.