- Date: 7th February 2019
- Time: 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- Location: Bristows, London
Booking for this event is now closed
Are you interested in becoming an Intellectual Property lawyer? If so, then this interactive case study session with Bristows LLP will give you a valuable insight into what really is involved in an IP case.
Bristows is a medium-sized full service law firm well known for the strength of its intellectual property practice. The firm works with clients in the most innovative industries, including those in the Life Sciences and TMT sectors. As well as representing many well-known clients the firm also works for up and coming start-ups.
To be eligible for this event, you must be an Aspiring Solicitors member and be considering a career as an IP lawyer.
- To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be a 1st year law student or a penultimate year non-law student;
- be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of your family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- have secured at least BBB at A-Levels or equivalent; and
- be on track to secure at least a 2:1 degree qualification (excluding mitigating circumstances.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £75;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.