- Date: 24th October 2018
- Time: 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Bircham Dyson Bell, London
Booking for this event is now closed
At BDB, the firm’s trainees really are a part of the team and get hands on experience and responsibility from the start. BDB has expertise in a variety of different areas from corporate, commercial and charity law, to property, private client, planning and infrastructure and dispute resolution.
A summer vacation scheme at BDB gives you a great insight in to what it’s like to be a trainee with the firm. You will spend two weeks in two different departments as well as get the opportunity to meet and socialise with the firm’s current trainees. Those attending the BDB vacation scheme are given the opportunity to get involved in real client work as well as gaining an understanding of the work of all of the firm’s departments.
A recent attendee on the 2018 vacation scheme summed up their experience… “I’ve had an excellent two weeks. I’ve felt very welcomed and have learnt so much about the teams’ areas of law and about BDB more generally. I really recommend the vacation scheme!”
We are proud to continue to offer two places on our vacation scheme each year for AS members. At this event attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the firm, the assessment process and meet BDB’s trainees, solicitors and partners. In order to select two AS members to offer a place on the BDB vacation scheme, you will take part in a mini-assessment by completing a group exercise. Not only will this exercise give BDB the opportunity to find out about you, you will also learn more about the firm’s practice areas and get the opportunity to ask questions about the work we do. Anyone attending the event can also receive feedback on the assessment.
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group;
- Not have previously attended an event with this firm/organisation (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure, or have secured, at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate and final year Law, final year non-Law students, all graduates (whether in post graduate education or working and career changers).
- The application deadline is 9 am on Monday 17 September;
- No late applications will be accepted. We may consider applications on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early should spaces be filled. Therefore we recommend applying early;
- Your CV must contain your A Level (or international equivalent) grades, plus a full breakdown of all under and post graduate grades. This is the case even if you have graduated. If your CV does not contain a full breakdown, your application will automatically be rejected;
- We consider mitigating circumstances, which should be provided in the Mitigating Circumstances section on the application form;
- Please note we will only accept the first document you upload, so please do not send in a transcript, additional documents or multiple CVs;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.