- Date: 23rd November 2017
- Time: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: Bircham Dyson Bell, London
Booking for this event is now closed
This is an opportunity for 21 Aspiring Solicitors members to learn more about the firm, hear from our current trainees about the work they have been doing and what their experience of training at the firm has been like.
Attendees will also take part in a group exercise where they will be asked to work together to prepare some advice for a client. They will then be asked to present this to a member of the firm (usually a senior associate or partner). The two people who most impress in the group exercise and presentation and who wish to apply to train at the firm will be offered a place on our vacation scheme.
There will also be a networking opportunity with trainees and members of the firm where food and drinks will be provided.
To apply for this event you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
- Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession; and
- Be eligible to apply to start a Training Contract in September 2020 (penultimate year Law and final year non-Law students onwards).
- Deadline for applications is 23 October 2017 at 10am. No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.