- Date: 3rd September 2018 - 14th September 2018
- Time: 12:00 am
- Location: Barclays, London
Booking for this event is now closed
We are delighted to announce the opening of the Barclays Legal Experience Weeks (BLEW) 2018 application process on 10 April 2018. Information on the programme for this year, as well as the application process, is outlined below.
What is BLEW?
BLEW is an opportunity to join Barclays’ legal teams for one week of unique insight into the working of an in-house legal function and how it supports a world leading financial institution. The programme delivers structured sessions over five days, including work shadowing, workshops and networking opportunities. Each week is currently expected to be structured to include:
- Introduction to Barclays Legal including panel session with keynote legal speakers.
- Employability skills and networking sessions
- Work shadowing in the Barclays Legal Function.
When are the schemes?
Weeks commencing 3 and 10 September 2018
Both weeks will be based from Barclays Global Headquarters in Canary Wharf, although there may be visits to other sites in London. You will be notified at the beginning of each week if your work shadowing is at another site in Canary Wharf.
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team;
- Undergraduates from any year are welcome to apply, as are graduates and career changers;
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career; and
- You must have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (excluding mitigating circumstances).
Anyone who has attended BLEW in a previous year is not eligible to apply.
- The process is CV blind and takes place across three stages: submit an application, a psychometric test and a video interview. The application window is open from Tuesday 10 April and will close at 9 am on Friday 18 May 2018.
- No late applications will be accepted, for any reason (including technology issues).
- This is a CV blind process; any CV you may have submitted in relation to registering your interest will not be considered.
- Stage One: you will be required to complete and submit a short eligibility and application form (link on this web page)
- Stage Two: shortly after 18 May, all applicants will receive an automated email containing links to online psychometric testing, which you will need to complete. You will have at least two weeks in which to do the tests. There will be a strict deadline to complete this (which cannot be extended) so please ensure you check your email folder (including junk email). You must make sure you give yourself time to complete the online testing in advance of this deadline therefore please don’t leave your application to the last minute! All applicants will receive automated feedback by email after completing these tests.
- Stage Three: the top scoring performers in the online testing will be invited to participate in a video interview. Please note that this is CV blind.
- Outcome of application process: If you are successful after Stage Three, you will be offered a place on the BLEW scheme and will be emailed. If you are not successful at any stage, you will be notified by email.
- Reasonable travel expenses for those who have been offered and have accepted a place on BLEW will be reimbursed.
- If, after reading the above, you have any questions regarding the application process, please email us at email@example.com