Up to 40 Aspiring Solicitors members will have the chance to attend this event at this international firm’s London office between 5pm and 8pm.
The firm utilises the expertise of 12 000 people in 77 offices worldwide. The firm is guided by entrepreneurial spirit and demanding standards of its founders and works to forge close personal relationships among its professionals in order to foster the responsiveness and accountability clients expect.
Whilst the event is open to everyone, the focus is to allow those who are balancing their applications to firms alongside full time jobs, with an opportunity to come in to Baker McKenzie. Many individuals secure training contracts after years of trying, this event will provide students with the opportunity to meet successful individuals who have had a similar journey, highlighting the key skills required to ensure they persevere, alongside individuals’ top tips for success.
To apply for this event you must:
Be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification;
Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession; and
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate year Law and final year non-Law students onwards).
- Deadline for applications is 30 October 2017 at 10am. No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.