- Date: 11th February 2019
- Time: 12:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Location: Baker McKenzie, London
Up to 40 Aspiring Solicitors members will have the chance to attend this event at this international firm’s London office.
The firm utilises the expertise of 13 200 people in 78 offices worldwide. The firm is guided by entrepreneurial spirit and demanding standards of its founders and works to forge close personal relationships among its professionals in order to foster the responsiveness and accountability clients expect.
This event will provide students with the opportunity to find out about the application process and how to make your application stand out as well as highlighting your commercial awareness skills. Meet trainees who have been through the process and prepare for an afternoon of tips for success.
- To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be a 1st year law student or a penultimate year non-law student;
- be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of you family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- have secured at least BBB at A-Levels or equivalent.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed where travel is booked promptly following invitation to the event and on the production of a valid receipt up to £75;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the event.