- Date: 7th December 2017
- Time: 5:45 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Norton Rose Fulbright, London
Booking for this event is now closed
To mark the UN International Day of Persons with Disabilities, Norton Rose Fulbright and their disability network Shine, are delighted to host a comedy night with Abnormally Funny People, a group of gifted stand-up comedians strutting their funny stuff. They are all very funny people who use comedy to normalise the conversation around disability.
Simon Minty, Abnormally Funny People producer and disability and diversity consultant, will open with a short session about disability confidence.
He will be followed by two very talented acts (warning, these acts may occasionally use strong language some might find offensive).
- Steve Day, a truly unique comedian; witty and engaging whilst dealing with the dilemmas of being a deaf man in a hearing world
- Jess Thom, an artist and playworker who was diagnosed with Tourette’s syndrome in her twenties; with some encouragement from her friends, Jess decided to turn her tics into a source of imaginative creativity and the Touretteshero project was born.
We will close the evening with drinks, canapés and networking.
Limited spaces available, allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Registration and welcome drinks: from 17.45
- Comedy session: 18.15-19.20
- Canapés, drinks and networking: 19.20-20.30
To apply for this event, you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be available to attend the entire event on Thursday 7 December 5.45pm-8.30pm;
- be interested in increasing your awareness/understanding of disabilities and long term health conditions in the legal profession and learning more about the Norton Rose Fulbright “Shine” network
- Travel expenses will not be reimbursed
- Places will be offered on a first come first served basis
- Deadline 1 December 5pm 2017.