- Date: 4th July 2022 - 6th July 2022
- Time: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Please note first year law undergraduates/ penultimate year non-law undergraduates/ GDL students only are eligible to apply.
We are delighted to formally launch the Aspiring Solicitors Access Programme (ASAP) in collaboration with Allen & Overy and Lexis Nexis. ASAP is a bespoke programme aimed to upskill participants with the practical know-how, tools and techniques required by solicitors in every day practice. A unique opportunity to get ahead of the curve and hone your legal practical skills prior to your vacation scheme.
Secure your place at the first trainee skills initiative of its kind. AS coaches (former lawyers, Heads of Graduate Recruitment and certified coaches) will be equipping you with the skills most sought by commercial law firms:
- Effective written communication: with colleagues and clients
- Legal and commercial research: delivered by Lexis Nexis
- Commercial awareness: in practice as a trainee
Sponsored by global international Magic Circle firm Allen & Overy and leading legal research platform LexisNexis, this programme has been created through the combined efforts of lawyers on the AS team from Allen & Overy, Norton Rose Fulbright, Dechert, Freshfields, Osborne Clarke and CMS.
Put yourself in the best position to secure a training contract in 2022-23 by taking part in this series of lawyer-led workshops on 4, 5, 6 July. Each workshop is a 2-2.5 hour commitment, with an overall commitment over 3 days of fewer than 10 hours of workshop attendance.
Places are limited and will be issued on a first-come-first serve basis. To secure your place and receive further information, please complete this ASAP Form as soon as possible or click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of this page (final deadline being 1 June 2022).
- You must be either a first year law undergraduate student, or a penultimate year non-law undergraduate student or a GDL student;
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team;
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career; and
- You must have received at least BBB or equivalent at A-levels. We do take into account any individual mitigating circumstances that may have impact your grades if you did not achieve BBB.
Bookings are closed for this event.