- Date: 23rd November 2017
- Time: 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: Reed Smith, 20 Primrose Street London
Apply For This Event
Aspiring Solicitors is excited to announce our second Annual Pride event focussing on increasing awareness, understanding and confidence for aspiring solicitors in LGBT+ communities.
The event will be hosted by Reed Smith and Clyde & Co but will include participation from a range of law firms and lawyers from a cross section of private practice and in-house legal teams.
The agenda below is packed full of useful, targeted and inspiring information/advice.
2.00-2.15pm Arrival and intro
2.30pm-3.30pm Session 1- LGBT+ in the application process
3.30pm-4.30pm Session 2- LGBT+ in practice
4.45pm-5.15pm Session 3- LGBT+ Networks
5.15pm-6.00pm Session 4- Inspirational Stories
2016 Pride Video
Check out the 2016 Pride Event video
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be in any year of study at undergraduate or post graduate education or be a graduate from university;
- be available to attend the entire event on 23 November 2pm-7.30pm;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification.
Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession and this event focuses on those who are LGBT+ and/or who would like to learn more about LGBT+ communities.
Here is what Reed Smith had to say about the event:
“We at Reed Smith very much share the objectives of AS Pride and we’re delighted to support the event. Diversity is key to the service we provide our clients. Our clients will not tolerate identikit lawyers that all think in the same way. We need our people to be diverse, dynamic, different and to be able to connect with our clients internationally. Diversity gives us the tools to provide our clients with a high quality service, but it is also what makes Reed Smith a really great place to work at for its people. Our aim is to foster an inclusive, meritocracy based culture of mutual respect whereby diversity is embraced and all individuals feel comfortable, can give their all and can achieve their true potential. A diverse, inclusive work force enriches our own working experience and makes Reed Smith a more enjoyable and stimulating place to work.”
- Deadline for applications is 1 November 2017 at 10am and places will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.