- Date: 1st October 2020 - 31st October 2020
- Time: 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: Reed Smith, 20 Primrose Street London
Register Your Interest
The Aspiring Solicitors Annual Pride event in Autumn 2020 focussing on increasing awareness, understanding and confidence for aspiring solicitors in LGBT+ communities is not open yet. Please register your interest in this event to be the first invited to attend.
- 13:45 – 14:15 – Student Arrival and Registration (30 mins)
- 14:15 – 14:30 – Introductory Speeches from Reed Smith and Aspiring Solicitors (15 mins)
- 14:30 – 15:15 – Session 1: LGBT+ In the Application Process and In Practice (45 mins)
- 15:15 – 15:45 – Session 2: Transgender Representation and Gender Identity in the Legal Profession (30 mins)
- 15:45 – 16:00 – Break (15 mins)
- 16:00 – 16:45 – Session 3: LGBT+ in International Offices (45 mins)
- 16:45 – 17:15 – Session 4: PRISM Network Presentations (30 mins)
- 17:15 – 17:45 – Session 5: Success Stories (30 mins)
- 17:45 – 18:00 – Closing Speech
- 18:00 – 19:30 – Networking and Canapés
Check out the 2018 Pride Event video
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be in any year of study at undergraduate or post graduate education or be a graduate from university;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- be LGBT or have an interest in developing understanding and awareness of the LGBT+ community in the legal profession; and
- be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification.
Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession and this event focuses on those who are LGBT+ and/or who would like to learn more about LGBT+ communities.
Here is what Reed Smith had to say about the event:
“We at Reed Smith very much share the objectives of AS Pride and we’re delighted to support the event. Diversity is key to the service we provide our clients. Our clients will not tolerate identikit lawyers that all think in the same way. We need our people to be diverse, dynamic, different and to be able to connect with our clients internationally. Diversity gives us the tools to provide our clients with a high quality service, but it is also what makes Reed Smith a really great place to work at for its people. Our aim is to foster an inclusive, meritocracy based culture of mutual respect whereby diversity is embraced and all individuals feel comfortable, can give their all and can achieve their true potential. A diverse, inclusive work force enriches our own working experience and makes Reed Smith a more enjoyable and stimulating place to work.”
Bookings are closed for this event.