- Date: 14th October 2020
- Time: 1:45 pm - 5:00 pm
The Annual AS Pride event is taking place virtually for the first time!
We’re excited to be providing you with a stellar line up of speakers from over 15 leading UK law firms, accessible from wherever you are in the UK.
Apply now to secure your place.
- 1.50pm – Attendees join the online event
- 2.00pm – Introductory speeches from Reed Smith and Aspiring Solicitors
- 2.10pm – Being LGBTQ+ in applications and in practice
- 2.50pm – Break
- 3.00pm – Being trans in the legal profession
- 3.20pm – Senior panel
- 4.00pm – Networking break
- 4.30pm – Success Stories
- 4.50pm – Closing speeches
- 5.00pm – Finish
Check out the 2019 Pride Event video
- be in any year of study at undergraduate or postgraduate level or be a graduate;
- want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm; and
- be LGBTQ+ or have an interest in developing understanding and awareness of the LGBTQ+ community in the legal profession.
Please note all AS events are for those who are from an under-represented group in the legal profession and this event focuses on those who are LGBTQ+ and/or who would like to learn more about LGBTQ+ communities.
“We share the objectives of AS Pride and we’re delighted to support the event.
Diversity is key to the service we provide our clients. Our clients will not tolerate identikit lawyers that all think in the same way. We need our people to be diverse, dynamic, different and to be able to connect with our clients internationally. Diversity gives us the tools to provide our clients with a high quality service, but it is also what makes Reed Smith a really great place to work at for its people.
Our aim is to foster an inclusive, meritocracy-based culture of mutual respect whereby diversity is embraced and all individuals feel comfortable, can give their all and achieve their true potential.
A diverse, inclusive work force enriches our own working experience and makes Reed Smith a more enjoyable and stimulating place to work.”
Bookings are closed for this event.